The project “Youth Unites Europe” will bring together 32 youth workers from Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Italy, Greece, Romania, Portugal, Spain and Lithuania; each country will be represented by 4 participants.
Believe in the power of youth action and its abilities to prevent disintegration trends in European Union with the tools of citizen and democracy education, local youth initiatives, nurturing leadership skills in youth activists and appealing to European solidarity through local and regional actions: youth workers can be agents of change on those matters.
The aim of the project is to provide youth workers skills of citizen and democracy education for mentoring and guiding youth projects and initiatives in the themes of cooperation and development in EU through local actions.
The project has the following objectives:
- to guide youth workers in the fundamentals and practicalities of citizen and democracy education for young people;
- to advocate non-formal and informal learning methods for youth work in citizen and democracy education;
- to equip youth workers with expertise on how to mentor and coach youth projects and initiatives related to a citizen, European, and other political themes;
- to provide participants of the training course with practical insights into political development of Europe and democracy building on a local community level and their impact on transnational civic and youth cooperation within European Union;
- to give insights on the importance of democratic values in local youth and community work, such as freedom of expression, equality, civic virtue, faith in changes, etc.