The main aim of the project “Culture as a tool for conflict resolution” is to develop the professional skills of youth workers which enable them to promote values of tolerance and prevention of violence, to give a voice to marginalized youth and to enhance values of human rights, freedom and dialogue.
The objectives of the project are:
- develop the capacities of youth workers in using the culture as a tool to build a system for intercultural dialogue and more effective mediation within their organisations and in their societies;
- equip youth workers with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to effectively manage and turn around potentially harmful situations in a clear, assertive and constructive manner;
- equip participants with conflict resolution strategies which they can use to reduce conflict and to reach peace and agreed solutions in today’s world;
- raise awareness about the importance of tolerating and accepting the plurality of cultures and identity, as well as the nexus between peace-building and culture;
- give a voice to young people belonging to marginalized communities, particularly from newly arrived migrants, in programming conflict resolution strategies.
This project has been designed and developed to be addressed youth workers who want to learn to be mediators between actors in conflict resolution, to increase their cultural sensibility for conflict resolution and successful mediation.